Posted by Ross on April 1, 2016, 9:58 am, in reply to "Re: Dirty Beach"
I doubt that the severe policing for the garbage would work. Who would do that? Maybe Protecccion Civil. But they are more concerned about safety and have been keeping motorized vehicles off the beach during busy holidays and are lifeguarding which is all good. Our pueblo doesn't really make bylaws like NOB does. The garbage problem has gotten better over the years. We tried putting out garbage cans one year and it was a disaster. They were immediately full and overflowing. We emptied them and within an hour again the same. We found it was easier to let it be and clean the beach afterwards when they leave, end of the day or early morning. A lot more people do take their garbage to the containers these days. Soon the crowds will disperse and we will only have the normal amount to cleanup. Try to relax on this and consider it a privilege to live there and that there are certain prices to pay for that privilege.
Thank you to Vicki and all those who take some time to keep the beach and streets clean!
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Dirty Beach - David Dagoli March 27, 2016, 9:35 am
- Re: Dirty Beach - Daniel H March 27, 2016, 11:12 am
- Re: Dirty Beach - Vicki (litter patrol team) March 28, 2016, 3:32 pm
- Re: Dirty Beach - Patricia March 31, 2016, 5:16 pm
- Re: Dirty Beach - Vicki (litter patrol team) March 31, 2016, 5:50 pm
- re- consequences - Ross April 1, 2016, 9:58 am
« Back to index | View thread »