Posted by Pablo on November 7, 2016, 9:19 pm, in reply to "Re: Typhoid"
Looks like the typhoid msg. got a little off the point with mention of the Zika virus by Kim and then Lynn & Ross's responses about getting mosquito traps. But to Dan Patman's claim, it only took a couple of quick clicks to learn and verify that typhoid is, in fact, listed as being endemic in Mexico and indeed, throughout all of central & south america. I know there are risks with street vendors in PV and elsewhere, but damn... those tacocitos are always so tasty!!!
Have to agree with you and just as surprised, Norma. Don't know why our much beloved Mod. jumped so hard on poor Dan. Though I do know first-hand that he doesn't like any opinions here that aren't backed up with links to corroborating articles. Dan's account was very useful info, especially being first-hand testimonial, and Melaque seems close enough to me to be basically LM news. Jeez, now I'm wondering if I'm not really allowed to speak or have an opinion here now, since I'm thousands of miles away. (shhh... maybe D. won't notice... lol...). We do visit every winter and so obviously the board is our lifeline to local news.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Typhoid - Charley and Bonnie November 2, 2016, 8:17 am
- Re: Typhoid - CraigB November 2, 2016, 9:16 am
- Re: Typhoid - Charley and Bonnie November 2, 2016, 9:18 am
- Re: Typhoid - Nancy and Larry C November 2, 2016, 3:40 pm
- Re: Typhoid - Kim November 3, 2016, 8:01 am
- Re: Typhoid - Lynn November 6, 2016, 12:23 pm
- Re: Typhoid - Ross November 7, 2016, 8:08 am
- Re: Typhoid - Dan Patman November 7, 2016, 8:56 am
- Re: Typhoid - Tim Edwards November 7, 2016, 7:25 pm
- Re: Typhoid - Pablo November 7, 2016, 9:19 pm
- Re: Typhoid - Kim November 8, 2016, 6:54 am
« Back to index | View thread »