La Manzanilla Message Board Archives
La Manzanilla message board
Re: It is the nice thing to do
Posted by Tim Edwards on November 9, 2016, 6:31 pm, in reply to "It is the nice thing to do"
there seems to be a missing of the point....... it is great to pick up folks waiting on the bus and take them with you. Great to share a ride to anywhere. It seems obvious that if you share a ride in a taxi that you would split it based on the number of people (though some folks don't put in their fair share, plus a tip)
The point I am trying to make....... if you ASK someone to take you with them to somewhere, be generous with what you pay. The general thought seems to be that you will split the gas with them. What about the cost of the car, the insurance, the maintenance, the wear and tear, the cost of the rental etc, etc.
If you ride to Melaque with them, take them to lunch while you are there or stop and get a cup of coffee, get them some flowers the next time the guy is selling them in front of our house, buy them a drink at PJ's. If it is the airport or Manzanillo or PV then up the ante according to the distance traveled. If you are going to make a mistake, have them say, NO, that is too much or THANK YOU VERY MUCH, YOU JUST PAID FOR THE NEXT RIDE. The last thing you want to do is have someone who shared something with you think they got the short end of the broken candy bar.
- been silent long enough - Dean & November 8, 2016, 11:59 pm
- Re: been silent long enough - Jean November 9, 2016, 7:12 am
- Re: been silent long enough - Daniel H November 9, 2016, 10:02 am
- Re: been silent long enough - Kim November 9, 2016, 12:12 pm
- It is the nice thing to do - Erin November 9, 2016, 4:53 pm
- Re: It is the nice thing to do - Tim Edwards November 9, 2016, 6:31 pm
- Re: been silent long enough - Rita November 9, 2016, 8:36 pm
« Back to index | View thread »