La Manzanilla Message Board Archives
La Manzanilla message board
Posted by Mark S. on November 12, 2016, 8:11 am, in reply to "Re: Propinas"
Daniel, my friend, to suggest that a modest increase in the amount one gives as a tip has any impact on an increase in prices related to an increased volume of money (inflation) is, simply, silly, as is the notion that an higher propina "hurts" local businesses or trade persons.
The only meaningful inflation in LM, to my point of view, is the increase in prices of real property brought about by the increase in dollars available for the purchase of the same (as you well know, most properties are listed in U.S. dollars, not pesos) bid by prospective purchasers originally from north of the border.
- Peso Tumbles - David Dagoli November 9, 2016, 10:32 am
- Re: Peso Tumbles - Daniel H November 9, 2016, 10:45 am
- Re: Peso Tumbles - Daniel H November 10, 2016, 8:38 am
- Re: Peso Tumbles - Vicki (litter patrol team) November 11, 2016, 2:04 am
- Re: Peso Tumbles - Daniel H November 11, 2016, 3:14 am
- Propinas - Mark S. November 11, 2016, 10:58 am
- Re: Propinas - Daniel H November 11, 2016, 11:12 am
- Re: Propinas - Jane G November 11, 2016, 11:28 am
- Inflationary? - Mark S. November 12, 2016, 8:11 am
- Re: Propinas - Larry C November 11, 2016, 4:54 pm
« Back to index | View thread »