I tried the 0004 number, thanks, Justin, and the voice said it had been changed to 01 800 123 0000, so I have marked that down.
I've had several private messages; it sure shows how useful this message board is, and here's a summary:
- one person has been given a folio # so she can get a new modem for her system, if she goes to Manzanillo to pick it up
- another said she had been given a new modem, and that Telmex had been here giving out quite a few new ones
- Telmex did call me back, and said they would send someone today to look at my modem
- two people said that Ramona at the fruteria could help call in
- and now Eddie has also offered to help. Thanks, Eddie, if they don't show up today, I will contact you.
So, to summarize, the best numbers to call seem to be:
01 800 123 0000; then wait for a prompt to "marke uno" (hit 1); then another "marke uno" (hit 1 again); then ask for someone who speaks English
- and don't forget to breathe... It's all part of the fun of being here
« Back to index | View thread »