SAN MIGUEL WORDSMITHS
Saturdays, 11:30 - 1:45 p.m.
All levels & genres - Drop-ins welcome
Author table to promote participants’ books & services
Hotel Quinta Loreto’s TV Salón on Calle de Loreto #15, Centro, San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico. Located between CFE & the Artisan’s Market, to the left of the Mercado Ignacio Ramirez entrance .
$0 pesos – 1 complimentary session for locals
250 pesos at the door or reserve a seat at www.DrSonna.org.
Use a provided prompts or pursue a personal project during the free writing period.
Share your main literary interests. If you are writing for publication, try your hand at a 30-second elevator pitch.
WORDS! WORDS! WORDS! A local or visiting writer, agent, editor, or other professional gives a presentation on writing technique, publishing, creativity, or the writing life.
• June 22 Different Strokes for Different Folks by Dr. Linda Sonna - Learn to soothe your muse & boost your creativity by tailoring your writing approach to your personality, temperament, biological clock, & lifestyle.
• June 29 A Rose by Another Name by Dr. Linda Sonna - Try these simple techniques for crafting descriptive passages to enhance artistry, add depth, & increase tension.
• July 6, 2019 Scene vs. Sequel: The Golden Ratios by Dr. Linda Sonna - How to balance these two little-known literary elements to enhance dramatic tension & pacing for different genres.
• July 13 Creating Compelling Characters by Dr. Linda Sonna - Talking ducks in children’s books, celebrity feature articles, travel pieces, memoirs, nature essays, even trade non-fiction books center around one or more characters. Learn how to introduce & develop major, minor, & helper characters.
• July 20 The Intuitive Collage as a Springboard to Creative Writing by Inez Theresa Andrews, M.A., International SoulCollage® Facilitator – From images that reflect your inner world, create a collage & use it as a basis for a poem or prose piece. Materials provided.
• July 27 Write Your Life by Julie Catton, M.S., Children's Book & ESL Textbook Series author; & Linda Sonna, Ph.D., psychologist & author. Learn to overcome common problems when composing family stories and memoirs.
• August 3 From 10 Plots to a Zillion Stories by Linda Sonna, Ph.D. Learn the plot points of most every short story, screenplay, novel, memoir, & narrative non-fiction book ever written.
• August & Beyond Submit a presentation proposal to www.DrSonna.org.
SNACK, SIP, & SOCIALIZE
Check out participants’ books, publications, & services at the Authors’ Table during the break. Vendors: Please bring receipts, change, a pen.
Read a piece you have written, or have someone else read it for you. 10 minutes per read; feedback provided on request. For hands-on editing help, bring 8-10 copies & some pencils.
Solicit feedback, ideas, resources, & solutions for a specific writing issue, dilemma, or problem. 5 minutes maximum to present an issue.
Network with other participants at the optional post-workshop lunch at the La Quinta Restaurant. Not included in the workshop fee.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Group Homepage https://www.drsonna.org/wordsmiths
Dr. Linda Sonna, Host
« | View thread »
Be sure to visit www.lamanzanilla.info for more information about La Manzanilla Mexico.