Edited by board administrator January 30, 2016, 8:24 pm
First hand experience....Several years ago I was bathing my horse in the ocean,
I got on and was galloping through the waves back to shore. As we came out
of the water there was a huge man o war jellyfish distributed evenly across my
left foot (main stinger directly on my foot). It was on there for about 5 seconds
or so, long enough for a welt to appear almost immediately. From what I had
read about them I knew that I had gotten a large dose of venom. I got ashore
and immediately prepared the horses for the return trip and left for the 30 minute
ride back to La Manz. On the way I could feel the poison from the sting crawling
its way up my leg and into my main circulatory system, As I came under the effects
of the poison going through my body (much like a Scorpion sting but x 5) I tried
to stay calm, actually it was my only choice. I also remember doing some intentional
deep breathing, I could taste the toxins in my breath. Finally I reached La Manz, by that
time I knew that I was not going to die as I had already endured the worst of it.
I can't remember what I did next, probably had a Tequila and watched the sunset.
Advice - pee on it.
« Back to index | View thread »