Edited by board administrator March 8, 2016, 4:20 am
Continued from Part 1
7) The CEA (State Water Dept) washed and vacumned each manhole on the system
8) The representative of the NAHOBI company installed a temporary BRAND NEW German 10 hp pump (from Mexico City)
Here is our challenge:
1) We need to hire a reliable, dedicated person to clean daily.
2) We need to continue the paper work to receive the LaHuerta paid materials.
3) We need to build a higher bar strainer grate to make it easier to clean the basura
and to handle the higher water levels coming in the rainy season.
4) We need to scrape and paint the railings and the fence poles before rust renders them useless.
5) Anything else? We´ll find it! The Engineers Without Borders are coming around
the end of May, first of June. They will offer suggestions to improve the
system as it stands now, including wetland conservation in Los Ingenos.
I realize many people have given money to the sewer fund 4-5 years ago. Your money
was NOT wasted! We HAVE a working system, as long as we can keep it clean. We homeowners
pay a meager property tax to LaHuerta. Those taxes can not be enough to pay for garbage,
road, water and sewer. Renters and visitors don’t even pay those taxes, but are still using
the bathrooms. Should hotels and renters of houses be charged more, depending on the
bedrooms in their building? Since we are basically guests in this fine village and we
don´t have many rules and regulations, maybe we need to make up our own rules!
If we want to live in a good system without black water on the streets or in our ocean.
Until we together, make up a plan for paying for this service regularly, I will need to
ask for your contributions. While you are contemplating a donation, remember that we NOW
have a clean, functioning, system, taking ALL the water out to the treatment plant in Los Hingeños.
It will take awhile to clean out the lagoon and the ocean/beach, but we are well on our way!!!!
Thanks for listening to this long tale! Our donations are for Our own health and welfare!
Click here to donate
« Back to index | View thread »